This article describes how to migrate data from another web hosting provider to your Abollyhost account. When you migrate from another hosting provider, we recommend that you leave plenty of overlap time (no less than 7 days) between opening your AbollyHost account and closing your previous account. Doing so helps ensure that your web site’s downtime is minimal during migration.
If your web hosting provider supports cPanel, we can manage the migration to AbollyHost for you. If your web hosting provider does not support cPanel, however, We will migrate one website and database manually at no charge.
If your current web hosting provider uses cPanel, we can migrate your existing site for you by doing an account transfer. Account transfers are available for the following types of accounts:
We cannot guarantee account transfers. We do transfers on a best-effort basis.
You can transfer your previous hosting account free of charge within 30 days of establishing your AbollyHost account. Please allow up to 72 hours for us to complete the account transfer.
Please do not cancel your old hosting account until you have changed your DNS settings and thoroughly tested your new AbollyHost account to make sure the migration was successful.
If you are a reseller, account transfers are as follows:
If you purchase a reseller plan for one year or more, we will transfer 100% of the cPanel accounts for free.
If you purchase a reseller plan for less than one year, we will transfer 50% of the cPanel accounts for free. We can transfer additional cPanel accounts for an extra fee (currently N1,000 NGN per account).
To transfer your account, follow these steps:
We recommend you provide an e-mail address that does not belong to the domain that you want to migrate. This minimizes the possibility of messages getting lost during the migration.
2. Log in to the Customer Portal.
3. Open a support tickets with heading “Hosting Migration”
4. Complete the requested information in the form, and then click.
Please let us know if your databases contain views, functions, or stored procedures. The cPanel migration procedure does not migrate these items, so we must migrate them manually.
5. We will notify you when the account transfer is complete.
6. Test your web site on the AbollyHost server before you change the domain’s name server settings. To do this, you can use the shared URL for your account provided in the A2 Hosting Customer Portal at https://Abollyhost.com, or you can use a custom hosts file.
7. Change your domain’s name server settings to use AbollyHost name servers.
8. Wait 48 hours for DNS propagation to complete.
9. After you verify that the web site on the AbollyHost server is accessible and working correctly, you can cancel your account with the other hosting provider.
If your current hosting provider does not support cPanel, you can migrate your data manually. To do this, follow these steps:
Hope you get this tutoriaal in a simple way, if you encourter any error please drop a comment or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org