When you create an online store on Shopify, it is accessed via Shopify Domain. For example, if you’ve built a store with the nctest name, you can enter http://nctest.myshopify.com into a web browser and your website will then be displayed.
It’s also possible to make your online store accessible via a domain name that’s hosted with AbollyHost, in cPanel. To connect such a domain name to Shopify, you’ll need to do the following:
- Set up the necessary records for your domain name and corresponding subdomain names in your cPanel account.
- Add the domain name to your Shopify account.
1. First, log in to your cPanel account and locate the Zone Editor under the Domains menu:
For cPanel Basic Theme:
For cPanel Retro Theme:
2. Click Manage next to the domain name you wish to set up:
3. In this section, you will need to modify a few host records for your domain name, depending on a subdomain you would like to use for Shopify:
(a) To use yourdomain.tld and www.yourdomain.tld, the following host records should be edited:
- A Record for yourdomain.tld should point to 184.108.40.206
- CNAME Record for www.yourdomain.tld should be mapped to shops.myshopify.com
To edit a record click Edit >> enter the new value >> click Save Record:
(b) To use another subdomain name, like store.yourdomain.tld, you should add the following record to your existing records:
- CNAME Record for store.yourdomain.tld should be mapped to shops.myshopify.com
To add a new record, click Add Record at the top of the record list >> choose CNAME record type >> enter required values >> click on Add Record:
Please note that it normally takes about 30 minutes for newly-created records to take effect.
Congrats! You’ve now pointed your domain name to Shopify.