A computer is a machine that can store and process information and it comes in different shapes and sizes from smartphones to supercomputers weighing more than 300 tons. We can say the history of computers began with simple adding machines, however, the invention of the transistor and multiprocessor in the 20th century led to the modern-day computer. The computer as we know it today began in the 19th century when Charles Babbage designed the Analytical Engine.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT COMPUTERS
1. The first electronic computer ENIAC weighed more than 27 tons and took up 1800 square feet.
2. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that you can write using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer.
3. Doug Engelbart invented the first computer mouse around 1964 which was made of wood.
4. There are more than 5000 new computer viruses released every month.
5. The first hard drive was created in 1979 and it could only hold 5MB of data.
6. If there was a computer as powerful as the human brain, it would be able to do 38 thousand trillion operations per second and hold more than 3580 terabytes of memory.
7. The internet was invented in 1989 by Sir Tim Burner Lee and by now there are more than 17 billion devices connected to the internet.
8. The password for the computer controls of nuclear-tipped missiles of the U.S was 00000000 for eight years.
9. HP, Microsoft, and Apple have one very interesting thing in common – they were all started in a garage.
10. The first 1GB hard disk drive was announced in 1980 which weighed about 550 pounds and had a price tag of $40, 000.
At Abollyhost Hosting we are one of the foremost and trusted web hosting and domain